For fast gas mixture analysis, at lower costs and in a smaller package, Qmicro offers OEM solutions based on a recent developed modular chip integration platform. This technology platform with hybridly integrated chips enables gas connections between chips and a micro channels chip without tubings or capillaries. At the same time, electrical and mechanical connections are made, with controlled heating up to 180 °C. The platform is based on a professional, flexible, modular low costs technology, and finds its adding value applications in gas or fluidic analysis systems.
The platform is applied in a micro Gas Chromatography cartridge: a tiny and easy exchangeable micro GC oven (64*64*24 mm) that contains the core GC functionality:
• Injector and sample loop
• Thermal Conductivity Detectors (MEMS micro TCD)
• Heating zones up to 180°C
The miniaturized hardware, low thermal mass, extremely accurate micro liter peak injection, and short columns enable fast accurate detection while lowering costs and gas consumption. Standard capillary and metal columns can be applied, which enables quick application development.
Micro GC differentiators:
• Fast analysis: 10-30 sec.
• Handheld sized
• Easy exchangeable micro GC cartridge
• Reduced and simplified maintenance
• Minimal carrier/reference gas (operational 1 ml/min.)
• Low power system (less than 10W)
• Low costs for high volumes
• Operating up to 180°C with fast temperature ramping of 5°C/sec.
• 500 ppb detection limit with MEMS micro TCD
• No internal capillaries or tubings
• Minimized dead volume