Qmicro is an expert in MEMS design
For the MEMS chip design, we use parametrized chip mask design software, first order process flows, and cleanroom process flow operator instructions. This is completed with board and package designs, electronics design, to firmware and software designs. We have experience in cost effective designing with yield optimization, and design for manufacturing. For more complex products and instruments, we work accoring to a certified Product Development Process.
Due to the efficiency in design-make-test-evaluate of the MEMS chips, we make relatively short cycles during the product development process, and saving costs and time for our customers.
- Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems based on micro chip technology
- Uses lithography, etching and deposition technologies
- Micrometer sized structures for moving, sensing, and other purposes.
- Batch technology
- Large uniformity
- Miniaturization: smaller dimensions, weight , power
- Leading edge performance, new opportunities
- High functional density (integration)
- Lower costs for higher volumes
Some MEMS applications are already well established in the market, such as inkjet printer heads and accelerometers for automobile airbag deployment. Others are becoming more and more common, such as the gyroscopes and microphones, and many are emerging such as new resonators for timing, MEMS for fuel cells, micro switches, microfluidics, etc.